ASIC Layout Design Engineer
The ASIC Layout Design Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
Working under the guidance of a Design Engineer to plan and implement the layout design of a circuit as supplied by the engineers as follows:
- Read and understand the layout design rules for the selected process
- Estimate the area of various parts of the circuit and plan the position and shape of various parts to provide a chip plan consistent with the required pinout
- Using CAD graphics as supplied design the layout and complete computer aided Design Rule Checks (DRC) and layout versus schematic checks (LVS)
- Have the layout checked and approved by the Design Engineer and supply them with a database tape.
Support the CAD Engineer by:
- Verifying new or modified layout kits ensuring that they are comprehensive and consistent with the Design Rules
- Verifying new or modified DRC decks as necessary by use of trial layouts
- Verifying new or modified LVS decks as necessary in conjunction with the Design Verification Engineer by use of trial layouts and circuits.
- Key participant in defining the design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development
- Key participant in architecture design, logic design, and system simulation
- Organizes the module interfaces/formats for simulation
- Collaborates on the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits
- Evaluates all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use
- Organizes the analysis equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results.
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers.