Lab Manager (Part time)
The Lab Manager is responsible for maintaining and developing the test and characterisation lab. The Manager ensures bench instrumentation and test chambers are in good working order, including liaising with Quality regarding calibration. The Lab Manager will support the site’s management team in providing a safe and efficient workspace in the lab. The Manager supports engineers with building test platforms, and the debugging and repair of those systems, including tasks such as PCB debug and repair. The Lab Manager is responsible for the procurement of lab consumables such as electronic components and chemicals.
- Support engineers with building and tear-down of bench setups.
- Support the mechanical design of custom tests systems to improve robustness and reliability.
- Contribute to test equipment procurement planning.
- Specify and purchase electronics consumables, mechanical components, and tools.
- PCB repair and rework.
- Work with Facilities to ensure regulatory, safety and quality requirements are met.
- Work with equipment suppliers to organise instrumentation delivery, commissioning and repair.
- Identify areas for improvements, such as test system configuration and reliability, lab space utilisation, equipment sharing and storage, board identification and traceability.