Quality and Reliability Engineer
We have the opportunity for an experienced Q&R Engineer to join our organisation in Royal Wootton Bassett. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing APQP and IC qualifications. The role focusses on new product introductions, with the benefit of combining technical skills and daily interaction with other teams such as designers, test engineers, project managers and customers. Joining as a key player in our dynamic team offers flexibility to shape the role and to explore new ideas.
- Responsible for New Product Introduction (NPI) quality and reliability. Coordinate all aspects of APQP and PPAP. Develop quality plans and execute to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Plan qualifications to AEC-Q100 and/or requirements required by the customer.
- Collaborate with chip designers, test engineers, failure analysis engineers and product teams; work with customers.
- Work closely with the Quality Department, including helping the Quality Technician to coordinate the execution of planned reliability stresses and ATE testing.
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience in semiconductor automotive quality, APQP.
- Experience with planning qualifications based on AEC-Q100 series of specifications.
- Has a general understanding of CMOS technology and device physics.
- Knowledge of IC and packaging Q&R failure mechanisms.
- Good working knowledge of processes such as FMEA, MSA, GR&R, SPC and techniques such as 8D, 5-Why, Pareto analysis and IATF 16949.
- Six Sigma Black Belt and a basic understanding of Function Safety could be advantageous. ISO9001 and ISO14001 experience would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with test methods and hardware associated with qualifications, such as HTOL chambers, THB, ESD and latch-up.
- Able to collate PPAP documentation, including liaising with other teams to ensure the supporting information is provided on time and to a high standard.
- An ability to appraise existing business processes to identify improvements that can increase process quality and improve efficiency.