Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager
Manage the supply chain & purchasing activities, interfacing with suppliers in relation to cost downs and customers in relation to supply and demand. Lead negotiations with suppliers to achieve cost optimisation and targeted cost downs for new and existing product lines. Ensure customer demand can be met with both production and development material. Support the identification and introduction of new or improved supplier processes for development and production product lines. Support the phase in and phase of production and development of products, managing inventory consumption to ensure customer requirements are met with minimal material obsolescence.
- Full accountability for the semiconductor operations supply chain and purchasing activities to achieve on-time delivery to cost for products both in development and in full production.
- Manages, evaluates, and develops a team of purchasing staff to ensure the team’s resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
- Responsible for plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing purchasing activities.
- Manages a team of buyers to ensure they follow established procedures and policies.
- Supervise and evaluate the organisation’s overall purchasing trends to potential bulk purchases.
- Experience in managing a supply chain, ideally in a fabless semiconductor company and preferably for mixed-signal and MEMS devices.
- Knowledge of planning purchasing of wafer processing, IC packaging and 3rd party services working as a team with product development, quality, finance and sales.
- Using a recognised ERP system, Oracle or Tensoft FSM experience would be useful.